- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Complete 30 units which meet CSU general education
requirements with a grade of “C-“or better.
These units must include the following four courses with a C- or
- (A1) Oral Communication/Speech
- (A2) Written English Composition
- (A3) Critical Thinking/Logic
- (B4) Math/Quantitative Reasoning (which is above the level of
Students who have fewer than 70 lower division transferable units
will have to take additional courses.
Lower & Upper Division Writing Proficiency
All students must demonstrate competency in writing skills as a
requirement for graduation. Students must first pass the Writing
Proficiency Screening Test (WPST) before they can enroll in an
upper division writing proficiency (WP) course. Both the WPST and
WP course are not admission requirements. Lower Division and
Upper Division transfer students should take the WPST upon
acceptance to the University after they complete the CSU general
education requirement A3 Critical Thinking/Logic course with a C-
or better grade prior to admission. For additional information on
the Writing Proficiency Screening Test, visit the WPST Website.